Arun Shroff is a serial technology entrepreneur, an advisor to multiple startups, and has been an invited speaker and expert on AI, technology and entrepreneurship. He has founded and grown multiple technology companies in both USA and India, and has worked as a programmer, systems analyst, management consultant and has academic degrees in engineering, business and computer science.
Currently, Arun is founder and CEO of Xtend.AI – a startup on a mission to unlock the full potential of AI with a comprehensive suite of innovative products, solutions and services. We specialize in cutting-edge AI technologies in deep learning, computer vision, Generative AI, Large Language Models (LLMs) including ChatGPT, and more. Our tailored AI solutions are built to cater to enterprises in various domains, including healthcare, manufacturing, finance, marketing, education, and recruitment. We work closely with our customers to develop solutions that align with their objectives, challenges and requirements. We are also working on various solutions to address global challenges. For example, we have developed a solution for the early detection of diabetic retinopathy – the leading cause of preventable blindness among adults worldwide – in collaboration with ITU/WHO as a pilot project in Senegal. For more information please visit Xtend.AI.
Arun is also co-founder and Director of Technology at Medindia.net, a leading health website that is visited by over 30 million people a year from over 230 countries. Its mission is to empower better health for everyone. In addition to over 1 million pages of health information and content, Medindia provides a suite of health applications including a personalized health page for consumers, a virtual clinic for doctors, and an employee wellness portal for companies.
Arun also founded FrontPoint Systems, Inc. a web services and web hosting provider that develops and manages complete web solutions for clients globally. Previously, he founded PcPortable.com, an e-commerce company that manufactured high-performance, portable computer systems sold directly via the web, and DynaPro, a systems integrator and value-added reseller serving Fortune 500 companies and businesses.
Pro-bono Advisory & Consulting:
Arun is an advisor to and is on the board of several non-profits and NGOs on a pro-bono basis including:
- A topic lead at the ITU/WHO Focus Group on AI for Health – a joint ITU and WHO initiative tasked with evaluating AI solutions for health and for creating a global community of all interested stakeholders.
- A founding Board Member at MOHAN USA and a Technology Advisor at MOHAN Foundation – both are non-profit organizations that promote ethical organ donation to save lives.
- An executive mentor at the Road-to-Silicon-Valley Program (RSVP), and the Collaborative for Technology Entrepreneurship and Commercialization (CTEC) program at Rutgers University.
- A mentor and advisor to many startups and entrepreneurs and co-chair of the TiE NJ University program that guides student startups.
- A technology advisor for IIMPACT India, and IIMPACT Australia, non-profits dedicated to providing free primary education to girls aged 6 to 14, in the most backward and poorest regions of India.
Speaking / Publications:
Arun has been an invited speaker and expert on AI and technology at conferences worldwide and contributed to several publications:
- ITU/WHO Focus Group on AI for Health – topic driver and lead author for the topic group documents “Standardized benchmarking of AI for Ophthalmology (Retinal Imaging Diagnostics)
- Invited speaker at Tele Medicon 2020 – the annual conference of the Telemedicine Society of India, on “How AI is Transforing Healthcare’
- Co-author of paper “ML4H Auditing : From Paper to Practice” published in Machine Learning for Health, Vol. 136, December 2020. Paper presented at NeurIPS 2020 workshop.
- Chief Guest and Speaker at Sewa Milan’s Annual Volunteer Appreciation & Award Ceremony.,
- Speaker at the IT Serve Alliance, Florida Chapter meeting.
- Speaker and member of the jury at the AI for Good Innovation Factory Pitching Session organized by the ITU,
- Conversation with Prof. David Weiss of New Jersey City University on his show. “Connecting Bridges and Borders” on the topic of Artificial Intelligence and Its Importance in Academics & the Commercial Sector”.
- Co-host on Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning webinar organized by TiE, NJ.
- Guest Lecture & Workshop, New Jersey Institute of Technology, on “Understanding How to Apply AI, ML and Deep Learning Concepts in Startups”.
- Guest Lecture, Rutgers University Business School, on “How to integrate Al & ML in your startup business model”.
- Invited talk, TiE, NJ, “Demystifying AI/ML – Applications in Healthcare”
- Invited paper at The Futures of e-Health conference at Alexander Von Humboldt Institute, Berlin
- Interview with Stephen Ibaraki , Chairman and Managing General Partner REDDS Capital as part of his ongoing ACM interview series with technology experts and leaders globally.
- Podcast Interview with Maria Palombini, Life Sciences practice lead, IEEE Standards Association on “AI vs ML: From Bench-to-Bedside, A Technical Insider’s Perspective”
- Invited speaker at the “AI in Healthcare” workshop at the IIT Madras – Healthcare Technology Innovation Centre.
- ITU/WHO workshop on “Artificial Intelligence for Health”, New York:
- AI for Good Global Summit in Geneva:
- Invited speaker at the “Futuristic Healthcare Technology” conference at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai,
Arun has as a B.Tech from IIT Madras, an MBA (PGDM) from IIM, Ahmedabad, and M.S. in Computer Science from Penn State University and certifications in Machine and Deep Learning from Stanford University and Deeplearning.ai/Coursera.