Arun Shroff is a serial tech entrepreneur, CEO / CTO, advisor, mentor, invited expert and speaker on AI and technology. He has founded and grown multiple technology companies in both USA and India.
Currently, Arun is founder and CEO of Xtend.AI – a startup with the mission to use AI to solve global challenges in health and other domains. Xtend.AI’s first project is to use AI to prevent vision loss for millions with an AI solution for early detection of diabetic retinopathy- the leading cause of preventable blindness worldwide.
Arun is also co-founder and CTO of Medindia.net, a leading digital health publisher and application provider, that is visited by several million visitors each month, and whose mission is to empower everyone with the information and tools for better health. Medindia uses digital technology and AI for personalizing health information.
Advisory & Consulting Roles:
Arun is also a Director of Technology & Innovation at STAR Associates, providing strategic and advisory services to early stage technology companies in AI, Robotics, Blockchain, cybersecurity, biomedical, health and telemedicine.
Speaking / Publications:
Arun has been an invited speaker and expert on AI and technology at conferences worldwide and contributed to several publications:
- AI for Good Global Summit in Geneva, May 2018:
- ITU/WHO workshop on “Artificial Intelligence for Health”, New York, November 2018
- Invited expert at the Artificial intelligence and Global Health Summit organized by Wilton Park, UK, an executive agency of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, June 2018
- Invited speaker at the “Futuristic Healthcare Technology” conference at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, Dec 2017
- Invited speaker at the “AI in Healthcare” workshop at the IIT Madras – Healthcare Technology Innovation Centre. Feb 2019
- Podcast Interview with Maria Palombini, Life Sciences practice lead, IEEE Standards Association on “AI vs ML: From Bench-to-Bedside, A Technical Insider’s Perspective” . June 2019
- Interview with Stephen Ibaraki , Chairman and Managing General Partner REDDS Capital as part of his ongoing ACM interview series with technology experts and leaders globally, July 2019.
- Invited paper at The Futures of e-Health conference at Alexander Von Humboldt Institute, Berlin , April 2019
- ITU/WHO Focus Group on AI for Health – topic driver and lead author for the topic group description document “Standardized benchmarking of AI for Ophthalmology (Retinal Imaging Diagnostics) , Sep 2019.
Arun has as a B.Tech from IIT Madras, an MBA (PGDM) from IIM, Ahmedabad, and M.S. in Computer Science from Penn State University and certifications in Machine and Deep Learning from Stanford University and Deeplearning.ai/Coursera.
Arun also advises and volunteers with many non-profits, including MOHAN USA where is a founding trustee, and MOHAN Foundation where he is a Technology Advisor – both organisations promote ethical organ donation. He also volunteers his expertise to help IIMPACT, a non-profit dedicated to providing free elementary education for girls in the poorest regions of India.